Galaxy S8 Almost Revealed! Release Date, Price, Specs And First Look!
Complete Guide to Galaxy S8: UK Release Date
Galaxy S8 UK release date: 18 April 2017 (TBC)
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus UK release date is expected to be in April 2017, with the new Samsung phones announced at a Samsung Unpacked event either ahead of MWC on 26 February 2017 or a separate event planned for March.
Other sources say it will be pushed back until the second half of the year, following news that Samsung will start using LG Chem batteries from the second half of 2017, but we think it will be the Note 8 rather than Galaxy S8 that is the first to get an LG battery – after all, that is the phone people are worried about.
Complete Guide to Galaxy S8: UK Price
The Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus are thought to cost a little more than the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge as Samsung looks to do damage limitation following the discontinuation of the Galaxy Note 7. The entry-level Galaxy S8 will likely cost £599, and the Galaxy S8 Plus £669.
Complete Guide to Galaxy S8: Specifications & Features
Samsung will likely go all out with its Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus as it attempts to restore its reputation in the Android smartphone market. Key specification rumours are as follows:
• 5.5/5.7in Quad-HD SuperAMOLED Always-On bezel-less display with dual-curved edge; 6.2in display for Galaxy S8 Plus
• Android 7.1 Nougat with TouchWiz and Viv AI assistant
• Qualcomm Snapdragon 835/Exynos 8895 (may as previously be region-specific)
• Adreno 540/ARM Mali-G71 GPU
• 6GB/8GB of RAM
• Dual-camera (potentially on the Plus model only)
• Selfie camera with autofocus
• Harman Kardon stereo speakers
• Fingerprint scanner integrated to the screen (physical Home button removed)
• USB-C with support for digital audio, replacing 3.5mm headphone jack